Arrival Day Maps & Directions
Arrival days are personalized for each of our guests. One of our Antares Crew will coordinate a meeting place and time, prior to your arrival, based on your villa location and your comfort with the island roads. All meeting spots are on St. John. St. Thomas airport greetings with private taxi service are available through our Island Host Concierge.
If you have questions about your meeting spot or ready to schedule, please call us anytime!
Please use the following maps and directions as reference.
If you are meeting us in Coral Bay
Please see the map & directions below:
DRIVING FROM CRUZ BAY TO CORAL BAY:
1) Find the Traffic Circle - most of the few roads in Cruz Bay will take you to the traffic circle near the school yard and Dolphin Market.
2) In the Traffic Circle look for the two-way road marked Route 10 or Centerline Road. This is the only road that will be taking you UP hill from the traffic circle. Dolphin Market will be on your left as you make your way up.
3) Travel for about 8 miles, after mile marker 8, turn right onto Rte 107 towards Salt Pond. This "T" intersection is also known as "the Triangle" to locals.
4) Go past Pickles in Paradise on your right, and pass the dumpsters on your left.
5) You will see Coral Bay water front on the left and Isola Shoppes with our new Island Host Help Desk on your right. You have arrived.
If you are renting a car in St. Thomas
please see the map & directions below:
Driving from STT Airport to Car Barge:
1) Exit the airport and take a right at the traffic light.
2) Continue on that road past downtown Charlotte Amalie, past Havensite, past the cruise ships. The road will then start to climb up. (Route 30)
3) You will come to a stop sign - bear left. Now about this stop sign....you will notice a lot of people don't see it and don't stop as it is behind a tree/bush (unless it has been recently trimmed) If you miss it and don't turn/bear left you will end up at the Marriott hotel so just turn around go back to the stop sign (much easier to spot from this direction) and turn right.
4) Stay on this road and eventually you will come to another stop sign at a T intersection. Turn right. The "bridge to nowhere" will be on your right at that T intersection. (Route 32)
5) Stay on that road and you will arrive in Red Hook and the car ferry will be on your right
Travel time approx 35 - 45mins on a "normal" traffic day, but if there are a lot of cruise ships in, and you are trying to get through downtown CA between 4pm and 5:30pm (they are all returning to the ships and people are also leaving from work) it could take a lot longer.
There are a few other routes to take but I have found this to be the easiest for first timers.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE BARGE SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE EVERY DAY.
Car Ferry Scheduled Departures from St. Thomas
7:00 AM*, 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 1:00 pm, 3:00 PM, 5:00 PM, 7:00 PM
Car Ferry Scheduled Departures from St. John
6:15 AM*, 8:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 12 NOON, 2:00 PM, 4:00 PM, 6:15 PM
Car Barge Instructions:
Step 1: Choose a departure time. The car barges depart from Red Hook on St. Thomas to Enighed Pond, St. John. There are two (sometimes three) companies that operate car barges. Check the Ferry Schedule page for more details, ticket prices, and schedules.
Step 2: Drive to Red Hook. The car barge and passenger ferry terminal are right next to each other; each has its own entrance. Arrive about 25 minutes prior to departure time. There is a port tax of $3 per Car, small SUV, Motorcycle; $4 per truck, van, large SUV. The port tax is paid to an attendant in a booth just at the entry area for loading on the car barge.
Step 3: Waiting area. An attendant in the car barge loading area will typically ask what barge you plan to take; and instruct you on where to place your car. Wait in your car until the barge is ready to be loaded.
Step 4: Boarding the car barge. The barge attendants will direct driver’s onto the car barge, and indicate where to park on the barge. You will reverse your vehicle onto the car barge.
Step 5: Buy tickets. Once on the barge, you can either stay in your car, or you can get out and sit on the upper deck. An attendant will approach you at your car, or on the deck, to sell you a ticket. You can purchase one way or round trip. No credit cards, cash only. A receipt will be provided; and the return ticket if you purchased a round trip fare. When purchasing your round trip ticket, double check that your return ticket can be used on the other barge service; and also check the return times. The return times are often listed on your ticket/receipt.
Step 6: Enjoy the ride over. If you are sitting on the deck, start heading back to your car once you get close to the dock area in St. John. The arrival place is Enighed Pond, just outside Cruz Bay.
Driving from the Cruz Bay Car Barge to Coral Bay please See the map & directions below:
driving from the car barge to coral bay:
1) Exit the Car Barge in Cruz Bay
2) Head northeast on W Indian Company Dock St
3) Turn left toward Rte 10 and past the gravel parking lot
4) Turn right toward Rte 10 and continue up the hill past the Fire Station
5) Find the Traffic Circle - most of the few roads in Cruz Bay will take you to the traffic circle near the school yard and Dolphin Market.
6) In the Traffic Circle look for the two-way road marked Route 10 or Centerline Road. This is the only road that will be taking you UP hill from the traffic circle. Dolphin Market will be on your left as you make your way up.
7) Travel for about 8 miles, after mile marker 8, turn right onto Rte 107 towards Salt Pond. This "T" intersection is also known as "the Triangle" to locals.
8) Go past Pickles in Paradise on your right, and pass the dumpsters on your left.
9) You will see Coral Bay water front on the left and Isola Shoppes with our new Island Host Help Desk on your right. You have arrived.